Thursday, January 8, 2009

What Gets PLAY


Just a Bit of the music that has helped move the creative process along as of late...
===================================================================

Kanye West-Amazing: This song calls out to the bitter egocentric in me.. man has everything he wants and still muses on a bit of self loathing and regret.

The Killers- Human- "Pay my respects to grace and virtue / Send my condolences to good /Give my regards to soul and romance, They always did the best they could/ And so long to devotion /You taught me everything I know/ Wave goodbye /Wish me well../You've got to let me go"

Muse- Plug in Baby- Deliciously defiant to the powers that be (In this case a jilted lover), saw these guys live, worth every penny.

Treasure Fingers- Cross the Dance Floor- Ironic...just when you think it's all a bit hokey you find yourself shaking your ass involuntarily.

Justice- D.A.N.C.E. - Borderline annoying but OH SO fucking catchy, this one. Amazing Video.

John Legend- Green Light- Unstoppably Smooth, I can hear panties dropping from on high.

Yael Naim- Toxic- I'm not the biggest Britney Spears fan but this was one of my fav tracks by her. Yael completely reinvents the wheel and makes it her own.

Crystal Castles- Crime Wave- Maybe old news to some but it's infectuous quality means I never skip it in my MP3 player shuffle.

DJ Shadow- Organ Donor- An oldie but goodie, listening to U.N.K.L.E. once again, I decided to dust this one off and it really holds up.

Erykah Badu - The Healer- The best album from my fellow Texas native in years, next level "Nu Soul", fa'sho.

Chris Cornell- Can't Change Me- I'd so go gay for this man...well mabey not but some part of me lives vicariously through a number of his songs.

Ladytron- Ghosts (Toxic Avengers Remix)- Haunting, Cruel and Uncompromising..really sinister and edible.

Lamb- Heaven- Theme music for my latest build, no question.

BRAT Productons -Easy Heaven- DJ Niko has been playing this on his sets and I'm having a helluva a time tracking it down. Classic Cure "Just Like Heaven" layered over The Commodores, "Easy (Like Sunday Morning)". Quite literally makes me tear up every time I hear it.

Blue Foundation- Eyes on Fire- Deceptively serene, lyrically murderous...recently featured on the Twilight soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment