Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Heaven's Going To Burn Your Eyes


Highlights From The Week:

High Rez-Ultra Snapshot of The Blue Room during Mid Day

So earlier last week I showed off some of Helena Stringer's very cool and original Ethereal Eye Set, recently looking in on Winter Jefferson's latest entry "Don't Shoot Until..." I commented on an equally cool set of eyes I had seen by eye creator, Malkavyn Eldritch, musing that I would love to see a set in Blue.

Meta Constantine said...

The green set (photo 2/panel 2) have a cool old school monitor type feeling with the defined circles cut into the center, there's a very cyborg looking vibe playing off. Wouldn't mind having a set in blue (no surprise there).

Malkavyn Eldritch said...

It's great to see such a wonderful review on eyes Winter! Ruina & Sky both have awesome eyes! Now about those eyes in blue... *grins*

Of course, I thought he was joking but no sooner had I logged on was I passed a very nice couple of items, an eye set dubbed Clubbing: Dune Revisited and some enhancers called "Glow Worms" that light up and lend any given eye set a rather otherworldly feel.
Ethereal set on Ultra

Clubbing: Dune Revisited

Clubbing: Dune Revisited- Glow Worms Applied on Ultra

Big Empty: Everything Must Go Sale?

So while visiting Aoharu earlier this week on Niko's suggestion due to a 50% off sale I realized that a lot of these ultra modern, posh interior buildings were alarmingly empty. Yes there were several quality items here displayed towards the front of these titan like structures but then you would find row after row after row...of nothing?

The 2nd floor, pictured above was even more depressing looking like the final scene of Highlander or something equally despotic, I didn't even get a cheery sword fight to determine the fate of humanity, for my troubles.


Go, Brooklyn!

Hanging out with Brook a bit this week, watching videos on YouTube at her and her girlfriend's very nice residence dubbed "Freudenabteilung", (yes she doesn't know what it means either but it's hella nice) chillin' like villains of no small stature. An NYC resident, she is just a very laid back girl. No pushin', no pullin', just lets me be me without a whole lot of fussy judgements and jealousy, which is refreshing to say the least.

She also doesn't laugh at me when my inner black man comes out and I ramble on, waxing poetic about hip-hop for the better part of an hour and make her watch all my favorite old school videos so there has to be a Nobel Peace prize nomination in there somewhere. This just in: "Freudenabteilung" apparently translates roughly as "Joy Division" a name her girl, Lolla picked out.

What's My Age Again?

So we do our best to get around these days, be social and such, taste the locals, dance with the delicacies or um...something like that. Here's a bit of what we got up to this week.

Bros before Hos: Dancing with the frat boys, Thadeous Drucker and Johnny Barbeque at the Crow's Foot, Indy Club during one of DJ Niko's sets.


Wearing?:
*Texture Alt, Barista from Gritty Kitty
*Grey Peace T-Shirt from Random
*Afghan Stole from Aoharu
*Black Stud earrings from Muism
*Black Kroko boots from Redgrave
*Ace of Spades bracelet from ]monogrind[
*"He's So Fine" Jeans from Made Man



Standing Next To?: Computer Club Records Recording artist X-AM, whom I tease a lot for sounding like Coldplay if it were dragged in and out of the 7th ring of Hades. She does a very cool computerized voice narration at all of her shows and puts up some rather seizure inducing set pieces next to her key-boards, definitely worth seeing.


What's My Age Again?:

Driving around insanely long tracks on Go Karts at KJ's Racing, masterbating to Hentai Mags in the middle of XSaraho Mornington's roller rink? It's just another day in the life of the GOT-DAMN, boss. Seriously, I said that with a straight face. No, really.






























Have fun, be safe, see you next week or sometime similar.
Sin-Meta

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for that "glowing" review! I'm glad you like them eyes! Brilliant article!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome hahahha I love the "day in the life", and just how bizarre it is. Yay Meta! Just wait til I drag you along on a field trip *rubs hands togethr and muahahahaaaas* Have you been to Malkavyn's Oz sim yet? It's truly one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't but have heard a ton as well as seeing many links to it in others profiles so yea, throw me in your *ahem* backpack.

    ROAD TRIP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, Road trip for sure, I have a Mohawk thereyou might like! I think I might even Habe one in blue!

    Loved the weeks wrap-up, intresting way of doing things.

    ReplyDelete