Wednesday, January 14, 2009

King of Sorrow: A Visit to Eldemar



Doing little more than a bit of late night inventory maintenance yesterday I received a rather random IM from Fantasy Vendor & Creator Jaymee Dragonash to come check out his unreleased SIM , Eldemar, Realm of the Dark Woods, which he literally set about putting together 4 days ago after acquiring a 150 K Prim plot of land for it's overall development. We met less than a week ago so that he could show me some potential land for the project and a really elaborate full Dragon avatar he doubles as. This was all inspired by a very popular sim from a few years back called "Everwind" and he's bought the source material to most of it's core elements and builds to make something entirely new here.

Jaymee Dragonash: A few years ago I came across Everwind when I first came to secondlife, I was taken aback by the skillful placement of everything and the overall beauty. When it closed down I was bummed because it was so much fun there. So I found myself this year buying a sim and bringing it back to life. Eldemar which it is called now was the sister sim to Everwind, I am technically allowed to use the Everwind name but Grace Louden let me have Eldemar and helped me recreate the Everwind look.



Jaymee Dragonash: I spent a ton of time and money on this project to give everyone in secondlife the chance to see what I've created and so far it is a hit I've received a lot of good feedback from visitors. This will all eventually become 3 connected sims.





The Throne Room

It's good to be King or at least in this realm it certainly appears to be so. The throne room here is fairly vast with a number of quality details etched into every surface for a very elaborate presentation. I can't help imagining how it might look with a few updated textures and color choices but the base is of a solid undeniable quality, to be sure.





The throne itself comes with around 6 regal poses including a very amusing "Away With You" kind of hand motion animation that just tickles me to no given end.


The Inner Chamber



There is really a lot to cover here and if anything I apologize for the low rez, grainy quality of some of these shots as I don't run SL at a particularly high graphical rate. I'll endeavor to bring someone here in the near future who can truly capture some of the awesome corners and areas I was able to see in my time here. The king's inner chambers in particular had a very striking, highly detailed bed, with sculpted surrounding walls, as well as animated movable windows and doors. Overall, very impressive.

Wearing?

Looking to get just a bit more life out of my [OMFG] acquisitions, I mixed up a few items to throw balance in different directions for a cool effect on each opposing appendage. The sweater "skull print" from Redgrave was just thrown into the mix to break with a bit of the fantasy convention, surrounding me. I am consistently naughty when it comes to tapping on the "4th Wall" in any role playing scenario, so humor me on that.

I'll continue to bring updates and hopefully higher rez photos of this sim as it comes into being, stay tuned. Once again thanks to Jaymee for being such a gracious and trusting host.

2 comments:

  1. looks like you had fun! somehow the "away with you" pose being a source of amusement for you doesnt surprise me *grin*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaaaaaa?

    Whatever do joo min?

    *smirks (tm)*

    ReplyDelete