Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Think I'm Turning Japanese...

Having viewed my friend Niko Lyle's recent blog feature "So...What Are You Wearing?" featuring some rather detailed and elaborate looking Japanese armor and gear, I felt a tangible wave of nostalgia wash over me for my rather humble beginnings here only months ago. In that, my initial focus here was very much focused on this particular culture and the Bushido code of conduct in carrying oneself.


Somewhere along the way I allowed myself to become "entangled" in less noble pursuits but I like to think I'm gaining some ground back. The Drake kimono featured here paired with the "Crying Wind" katana are amongst the first I ever purchased here in 2nd Life and certainly of the highest quality and hold a special place in my heart for simpler times. Acquired in a little out the way shop near Dirty Lynx called Hanzo's Armory, this ensemble remains in my personal profile to this day.














Suddenly appearing on the scene to offer a crimson contrast and a rather dire challenge, Red Shadow a.k.a. Brooklyn Dastardly makes her approach clear in a sudden barrage of style and sexiness.




Many thanks to her for taking the time out to snap and take some of these initial photos with me.












Moving On...


This basic black kimono by creator Giorno Brando has a nice understated elegance, I have come to enjoy, effortlessly paired with the Three Buddha's katana, again from Hanzo's (a gift from a kind passerby). I particularly enjoy the faint shine that plays across the silken black fabric, lovely.





The hair is a generic flexi-prim I lightly modded to a surprisingly fitting salt & pepper color, very pleased with it.






















Finishing Out the Set....

Taking it back to the essence, this casual blue kimono and samurai multi-prim hair by Aoharu accented by Stringer's Ethereal Eye set really aid in establishing a viable sense of serenity in the ever chaotic backdrop we navigate on a daily basis. Haven taken these pics myself, I bumped the graphics up to "Ultra" and was rather pleased with the results, much easier to do in a controlled environment.








































































Moonlight slanting

through all this long bamboo grove

and nightingale song.

Here where a thousand

captains swore grand conquest


Tall grasses their monument.


By lonely roads

this lonely poet marches

into autumn dusk.

Glorious the moon

therefore our thanks, dark clouds

come to rest our necks.

-Basho

1 comment:

  1. The red scenes blew my mind! Mostly cos, you know, they're not blue and stuff *wink* That said.. excellent action shots!

    ReplyDelete