Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Never Believe It's Not So...

Oh..oh.. Oh, It's Magick. Ya Know?


"Ready to see a bit more magick?", said the Fae, ColeMarie Soleil
with a wry smile.

"Well I uh..suppose so..", I replied with a small mix of trepidation and delight.

We had met this evening in the effervescent, violet hued plains of La Reve a unimaginably beautiful private sim of ColeMarie's friend and creator, Lash Xevious. It goes without saying that I was truly privileged to be here.


After a dazzling initial display of light and nature a seemingly innocent rainbow produced a circle of chickens that surrounded me and started to flatulate multicolored gases upon my person until they all exploded violently upon the landscape.


Messy.

From there, conversations turned to things that we enjoyed and at some point Cole transformed into the Final Fantasy, Aeon known as Ifrit. Being a big FF dork of no small stature I jokingly said, "If you have a Shiva av, you can like.. totally have your way with me. HA HA HA!"

She immediately turned into Shiva.

So in honoring my agreement, I started to disrobe to which she just laughed and continued to change into almost every noteworthy Summon Beast the series had ever touted.


We then moved on to talk of one of our favorite things which was not unsurprisingly, mythology and lore. Now I don't know how many conversations you have had where in, when you reference some random thing, the person you're speaking to actually transforms into said subject right before your eyes but this is the typical experience when you spend an evening with this being. Not only did she transition from deity to mythical creature effortlessly, she spit out complete descriptions to go along with them, educating me on each one of their origins and significance.

Mythology naturally led us to speaking on one of our favorite writers, Neil Gaiman, who has written such epic series as Sandman and one of my favorite novels, American Gods. Yet again she transformed into Morpheus and then into his sister Death.

And finally Delirium, once known as Delight.

"I won't be changing forms from here, Meta. This is who I am. This is Me."

"Time to die", said Cole ominously as she pointed me towards a rather menacing guillotine. "Hop On", she said casually enough. So much so, that I almost didn't give it as a 2nd thought as I placed my neck under the falling blade of the execution device and then watched my head fall off into a basket. From there, ya know, we.. uh pretty much like..kinda died and urm..rose into the Heavens?

No, Seriously.

Floating about in the Ether between worlds I wasted no time in cuing up my favorite "Bill & Ted, Falling into Hell" gesture, which got an immediate resounding chorus of laughter from my guide.

Finally, we arrived at the pearly gates, " This is a smoke free environment, check your baggage at the front desk, all adult movies will be charged directly to your room, etc etc."

From there we stepped into the Purgatory between Heaven and Hell. I couldn't help but remember the opening line from my last entry featuring ColeMarie.
"There's a truer essence realized, ironically, by this person who outwardly rejects all notions of divinity or damnation. An evening with her probably took me to the edge of both...I mean that in a purely complimentary way of course."

Taking a rather unfortunate an honest assessment of myself, I chose to go to the warmer option and we did a rather lovely back peddle through molten lava, then emerged inside a tomb. "Ok, let's get out of here, this place goes on for another hour or so", insisted Cole. "Seriously?" I asked incredulously and made my way for the typically, well lit exit.

The rest of the evening was spent meeting some of the Muses entourage..

Adamsway Gallery owner and builder, Alpha Klata. This very talented gentleman was nice enough to show me the beginnings of a few new art installations he's been prepping for upcoming shows.

Brother, Takuma Setsuko, looks very dashing and mischievous striking a pose in his ragtag bowler cap and afghan style scarf.

Enjoying a rather tender repose, Cole lounges back in my Blue Room with favored beau, Golink Koba.

I'm sure I could go on to some extend about the deep topics we ran off into and how the rest of the evening quickly slipped into ridiculous, hi jinks and shenanigans but suffice it to say these pictures speak for themselves, a good and memorable evening was had.

A rainbow took a huge, steamy, enchanted, dump in my brain and all I got was this freakin' T-Shirt. Ciao.

2 comments:

  1. *resounding cheering/laughing/clapping*

    I NEEDED YOU TO CHEER ME UP!
    *hugs*

    THIS ARTICLE ROCKS MAN
    You did such a lovely write-up
    Truly touching >.< hahahaha ^^

    Man you really were snapping like a maniac.

    I love your style of writing too!
    It's like hanging out with Neil and having him write about it hahahahahahahaha COOOOOOOL

    <3


    -cole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so loved this - I tried to comment before, but it wouldn't let me *thumbs down* I think my favourite shot is going getting rained on by rainbow poo *grin* there is genius behind that art piece, my friend

    ReplyDelete